[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Refugium livestock available (Macroalgae, Mangrove,Seagrass)

Refugium livestock available (Macroalgae, Mangrove,Seagrass)

A forum to discuss the requirements and care of macroalgaes

Postby Halimeda » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:12 pm

Hi Guys,

Hi everyone. I'd just like to inform interested parties, especially refugium users, that you can order your refugium livestock from me starting next week. I'm a marine biologist / professional aquarist living in the visayas near the shore, and can collect most of the livestock you need to stock your refugium. I can fill any orders down to species level (for specific needs) and can suggest suitable stock for those who need guidance. I can send you your specimens either via LBC or if you want, through airport pick up. I live beside the airport, and you can be assured that your purchases will spend no more than 1.5 days (LBC) or 1.5 hours (airport pick up) from the sea to your aquarium. Email me for information at Reef_and_Refugia_Livestock@yahoo.com NOTE: Right now I am in need of a small (~ 6 inch) zebra moray Gymnomuraena zebra. I am willing to trade refugium livestock to anyone who can provide me this fish. email me for details. Thanks guys!
Halimeda
reefphilippines member

Re: Refugium livestock available (Macroalgae, Mangrove,Seagr

Postby christian » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:43 pm

maybe u can list some of the available organisms that you can provide para we will have idea kung ano yun mga yun... thanks...
desperately trying to find new ways to ease reefkeeping... :)

75 gallons reef tank:
viewtopic.php?t=1761

180 gallons reef tank of my parents:
viewtopic.php?t=6211

275 gallons reef tank:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9506
christian
reefphilippines supporter

Postby Sea Turtle » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Postby blackwidow » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:47 pm

And the prize also.
Float like a CADILLAC..Sting like a BEEMER......

my old 75g reef tank
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12225
blackwidow
reefphilippines member

Postby rolandgelo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:56 pm

+10 :D

50G shallow nano-(retired)

Current tank-15G nano
rolandgelo
reefphilippines member

Postby Halimeda » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:38 am

Hi,

Listed below are most of the main algal genera that I have seen and collected in the past few months. Please note that macroalgae are highly seasonal and variable due to many factors (weather, predation, sporulation) and not all may be available at the same time.

Chlorophytes (Green Algae)
Halimeda (tuna, incrassata, macroloba, opuntia, monile, discoidea are the most common species)
Caulerpa (taxifolia, brachypus, nummularia, sertularoides, peltata, prolifera, racemosa, serrulata are the most common species)
Codium
Ulva (lactuca, intestinalis)
Phaeophytes (Brown algae)
Sargassum
Turbinaria
Dictyota (blue-green morph)
Rhodophytes (Red Algae)
Actinotrichia
Jania
Amphiroa
Galaxaura
Mangroves (propagules)
Rhizophora
Avicennia
Bruguiera
Ceriops
Seagrasses
Thalassia (various species)
Enhalus (acoroides)
Halophila (ovalis)
Syringodium
Halodule

This is what I remember for now. Please note that these are wild collected, I do not have a holding facility, and am not into wholesale collection. This is just something I do to pass the time, earn some money, and help out all the landlocked aquarists in Manila who have no access to quality macroalgae. Taga Manila din ako before, so I know the situation you are in.

Pricing:

For Halimeda and the branching coralline red algae - price range is from 15 - 50 pesos depending on species and size, for all other algae, the small flat microwaveable container is 50 pesos. For mangrove propagules, price is from 35 - 50 pesos per piece, depending on species and availability, and whether you want a germinated vs ungerminated propagule. For seagrass, Halophila is 50 pesos for the small flat microwaveable container, Enhalus is 150 per plant (for those insane enough to try to keep this giant in their tanks), and the rest is 50 pesos for a clump of 6-10 plants. We can discuss the specific prices as we process your order.

Other organisms (special order)

You can also place special orders on invertebrates to accompany your plant/algae purchases. Madali malamog ang inverts and are usually half dead by the time they pass through the chain of custody to the retailer in Manila. I collect and ship inverts on the same day, so you can be assured of quality specimens. Some species that I can ship are:
Starfish (sand-sifters, blue Linckia, choco-chip)
Urchins (Diadema, Astropyga, Echinothrix, Toxopneustes) - all tiny-small sizes
Cucumbers (Synaptulids - I don't ship the large ones)
Brittlestars (most species)
Feather stars (all colors - but very hard to keep in captivity)
Snails - ceriths (sand stirrers), olives (detritus eaters), trochus (algae eaters), conchs and strombus (sand stirrers), dove snails (eats algae on seagrass leaves and glass)
Worms - sand worms (1-2 inches, great tunnelers that will stir up sand bed)
Shrimp - Anemone shrimp including Periclimenes and sexy shrimp Thor amboinensis
Hermit crabs - I can sell tiny hermit crabs for nano systems

Pricing for the inverts is highly variable, due to size and availability. We can discuss this in our emails.

I hope I've given you the information that you need. For additional information, including payment, shipping, and minimum orders, just email me at the link I listed on my first post. I hope you understand that this is a one-man thing, I don't own a store nor do I have personnel or a facility, so I can only process a few clients at a time. What I cannot offer in volume or promptness, I make up in quality specimens. Serious inquries only please. Thanks guys.
Halimeda
reefphilippines member

Postby Halimeda » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:43 am

And please don't forget that I'm willing to exchange an entire refugium livestock set (good for 20-30 gallons) for a small-sized, healthy zebra moray Gymnomuraena zebra. Thanks! :D
Halimeda
reefphilippines member

Postby blackwidow » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:46 am

+5 detalyado tlga. Hehe. Ayos
Float like a CADILLAC..Sting like a BEEMER......

my old 75g reef tank
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12225
blackwidow
reefphilippines member

Postby Halimeda » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:07 am

Halimeda
reefphilippines member

Postby jackryan » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:04 am

Nice! any chance you can also add pics / photos, please?
JackRyan's 225G 6'x2'x2.5' Tank Project

jackryan

Postby Halimeda » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:00 am

Halimeda
reefphilippines member

Postby richardhao » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:26 am

good am. I was just wondering if there are any species that you listed which can survive in the sump without light and at the same time helps in reducing nitrate?
75gal fowlr, 50 gal sump, 45gal cube, hf17 return, ro dnw150
Sunsun 12 Watts, 150watts LED, Teco TR-20 chiller
richardhao
reefphilippines member

Postby Halimeda » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:20 am

Halimeda
reefphilippines member

Postby ryanuy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:55 pm

no red gracileria available?
ryanuy
reefphilippines member

Postby rolandgelo » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:19 pm

Can't wait to finish my cycling! you will be hearing from me sir! :)

50G shallow nano-(retired)

Current tank-15G nano
rolandgelo
reefphilippines member

Next

Return to Macroalgae Forum