[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Water Changes and other questions?

Water Changes and other questions?

A forum for the discussion of FO, FOWLR, aggressive fish and predator tanks.

Water Changes and other questions?

Postby francis8 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:50 am

its grea to have a forum here locally! thanks to my cousin!
i have 4 aquariums and have questions as to its condition below:

1st aquarium, nano FOWLR 20gallons with BackPack+UV+Skimmer:
Salinity : 1.016
Inhabitants : 2 percula clownfish, 1 maroon clownfish, 1 blue tang, 1 domino
Water : Yellow Bag Salt Mix from Cartimar
Condition : the fishes are thriving and they have been alive for more than 6 months now and i feed them 3 times a day and i never change the water since it evaporates and top it off with NAWASA Fresh Water

Question : does topping water weekly is enough to maintain it long term survival of the inhabitants?, please suggest what i must do

2nd aquarium, nano FOWLR 20gallons with BackPack+UV+Skimmer:
Salinity : 1.018
Inhabitants : 2 sailfin Tang that gew bigger and always fighting but they never get major injury and thriving, 2 clownfishes that never gets big, 1 gobby
Water : Yellow Bag Salt Mix from Cartimar

Condition : the fishes are thriving and they have been alive for more than 6 months now and i feed them 3 times a day and i never change the water since it evaporates and top it off with NAWASA Fresh Water

Question : does topping water weekly is enough to maintain it long term survival of the inhabitants?, please suggest what i must do, i placed 2 anemones from Cartimar and they just shrink in a span of 2 weeks and disappeared, i wanted to successfully put inverts but to no avail

shall i change the synthetic water into 25% NSW from Cartimar in a span of 3 days and put inverts?

3rd Aquarium, FOWLR 75gallons with SUMP, Crushed Corals, UV 9Watts Sterilizer, Skimmer Salinity : 1.018
Inhabitants : 10 kinds of clownfishes from cartimar, 2 cardinal fishes and 10 kinds of damsels
Water : 100% Salt Mix (yellow bag from cartimar)

Condition : the clownfished that i have bought from cartimar some of them have cloudy eyes but most of them are voracious eaters and none of them died, will they live long??

Question : i placed a beautiful carpet anemone and it just slimmed up after 3 days and i have to remove it bec it nearly contaminated the water and good thing none of my fishes got affected

i wanted to put corals and inverts and make it into a reef system, what must i do? increase salinity to 1.025? and make the system 25% NSW from Cartimar?

4th Aquarium, FOWLR 75gallons with SUMP, Crushed Corals, UV 9Watts Sterilizer, Skimmer Salinity : 1.015
Inhabitants : saddleback, cleaner wrasse, 2 big maroon clownfish, 1 bat fish, spotted angel, 2 pinochio (bullies), blue tang, gray powder tang
Water : 100% Salt Mix (yellow bag from cartimar)

Condition : i got some fishes from cartimar and mixed with the existing stock into tank and suddenly all the fishes are afflicted with ITCH, what i did was i applied hyposalinity at 1.0065 a month ago and fed the fishes with pellets dipped with garlic oil for 1 month and all ITCH disappeared right now i have moved the salinity to 1.015 now and will gradually increase it into 1.020, my fishes are very healthy now at 1.015 and eating voraciously at 3 times a day and i never changed the water but just topped it with a NAWASA Water weekly, do you think this is OK? but of course when i was raising the Salinity i have to add SALTMIX

Question : i really wanted to introduce inverts into the tank especially anemones and corals to make it more natural and beautiful, do i need to buy chillers or just change the water into 25% NSW gradually and wait for it to mature and introduce the anemone?

Please help
francis8
reefphilippines member

Postby Fugu » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 am

Welcome to Reef Philippines, Francis8. I moved your post so it can get the attention it needs, here in the FO and FOWLR section.
Image Munch, Scream
Welcome to Reef Philippines
H&S skimmer.
Fugu

Postby chonglai » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:53 am

do you dechlorinate the nawasa water? forumers here use deepwell or RO water for topoff.
a very lifeless and empty 180 gal tank and a dead 75gal sump.
chonglai

dechlorinate

Postby francis8 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:15 am

francis8
reefphilippines member

Postby jolt26 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:53 pm

Welcome to ReefPhilippines!

Hero of Rome

http://s1.gladiatus.ph/game/c.php?uid=18795
jolt26

Postby apol » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:48 pm

apol