[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - greggydm's 50 gal zero edge design Sps-Lps tank

greggydm's 50 gal zero edge design Sps-Lps tank

Post the details of your tank for everyone to see.

greggydm's 50 gal zero edge design Sps-Lps tank

Postby greggydm » Mon May 25, 2009 2:41 am

Hi fellow reefers!

This is my 6month old DIY attempt at a 3sided 50 gal zero edge design tank. Tank is 21"x30"x18" but the base is 24"x38" because of the 3 canals on 3 sides.I used 3/8" thick glass and the back and base including the canals is made of brown glass. It's dominated with Sps and Rics and Zoas.

It's right in the middle of our living room and gets a little natural sunlight in the afternoon. I designed the tank myself including the cabinet which is made of Kamagong hardwood.

Hope you guys like it! :)

Full tank shot

Left side tank shot

Some Closeup shots

bird's nest
Bushy pink millepora
Green Pavona coral
mint green glove polyp colony
Turbinaria
Xenia colony with blue and red actinos in background
orange/green ric colony

Please feel free to comment cause i'm still tinkering with flow options since i know that zeroedge tanks are not really designed for Sps corals.
That's why i opted for a 3sided tank design than the 4sided one since i would have more flow options. But i am constrained to minimize water turbulence on the surface so that the overflow will not be too erratic to have a calmer and more even view of the tank.

Happy viewing!!
Last edited by greggydm on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
greggydm
reefphilippines member

Postby mikedown » Mon May 25, 2009 7:53 am

awesome tank! :)
mikedown
reefphilippines supporter

Postby spy_i » Mon May 25, 2009 7:55 am

very nice zero-edge tank. Like the natural looking scape. Also your light fixture is very intriguing--- > is that led? what's the spotlight thingy?
follow more:

http://theprodigalcube.blogspot.com/

Image ImageImage

.... I'm a PC
spy_i
reefphilippines member

Postby rav888 » Mon May 25, 2009 7:59 am

great tank :) maybe you can also share some pix of your filtration system.

in zero edge, does the water also flow sa front side panel. galing :)
============================

Rav888
rav888

Postby mikko » Mon May 25, 2009 9:52 am

mikko15
50 gallon FOWLR (converting it to aggressive tank)
40 gal sump w/ 4" DSB and mangroves
Seio M820, sun-sun jvp101a
rio 10hf
jebo protein skimmer
300 gal pond for my koi's

planning to upgrade to 150 gallon reef tank with 65 Gal Sump soon pag may budget na
mikko
reefphilippines member

Postby Gamol » Mon May 25, 2009 11:49 am

Nice tank! Are you into furniture business? Lupit sir!
Save the REEFS? :P
Gamol

Postby alx » Mon May 25, 2009 2:24 pm

alx
reefphilippines member

Postby jackryan » Mon May 25, 2009 2:28 pm

JackRyan's 225G 6'x2'x2.5' Tank Project

jackryan

Postby aquaboy » Mon May 25, 2009 3:14 pm

Love your tank.
aquaboy
reefphilippines member

Postby greggydm » Mon May 25, 2009 4:02 pm

mikedown- thanks for the comment bro!

spy-i- I still have to minimize my aquascape. I think i have too much corals on the sand bed. The light fixture is DIY with a 250w de Mh (c/o Peter), 3pcs Landlite par38 220v cfl blue light that i discovered had good actinic proterties, 2pcs 8w blue leds, and 4pcs blue 1w leds mounted on regular ceiling type halogen sockets that can be pointed at any spot in the tank. The leds create a very pleasing moolight effect.

rav888-The water flows over the front and 2 sides of the tank. I was lucky enough that the flow in front is very calm and that you may not instantly notice it. I've seen people specially kids get surprised when they point at something inside the tank and get their fingers wet!!

I may have to increase the return flow to get a more even flow also on the 2 sides.

Pics of the 20gal sump with live rock, chaeto,RO dnw110 skimmer, and a small Ats made of 1/8" acrylic that i drilled with lots of small holes and sanded very roughly

mikko- yes malakas kumain ng flakes yung sunburst anthias ko(c/o Davy-graf11). It's color has brightened up a lot lately and I intend on adding 2 more.

gamol- no i am not in the furniture business but i do like to work with wood specially hardwood being an architect by profession(though i don't practice much). I mostly use old wood that i get from old dismantled houses.

some more pics

my purple firefish on top of an emerald green zoa colony

my special false perc that i call "Spot" c/o Davy-graf11

Maraming salamat mga reef brods!!
greggydm
reefphilippines member

Postby aquaboy » Mon May 25, 2009 4:43 pm

Love your tank.
aquaboy
reefphilippines member

Postby Menthol » Mon May 25, 2009 4:44 pm

Menthol