[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - My 20 Gallon Reef

My 20 Gallon Reef

Post the details of your tank for everyone to see.

Re: My 20 Gallon Reef

Postby albert_abadicio » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:46 pm

update:

Good Day to all!
albert_abadicio
reefphilippines member

Postby albert_abadicio » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:47 am

Some closeups:

Good day! :D
albert_abadicio
reefphilippines member

Postby albert_abadicio » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:10 pm

Took a video of the tank recently (you may set the quality to 720p for better viewing) :

Thanks for viewing! :D
albert_abadicio
reefphilippines member

Postby sc0lex » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:19 am

sc0lex
reefphilippines member

Postby albert_abadicio » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:41 pm

Hi sc0lex,

Thanks for the kind words! My tank dimensions are 24x12x18 inches (LWH). The lights are about 9 inches above the water. The picture above was taken with all my lights on (40watt PAR38 from aquariatech, 1 9 watt cool white led on the left side of the tank and 1 40watt daylight cfl on the right side of the tank). I believe the video on the other hand, was taken 8:50 pm wherein only the PAR38 from aquariatech was still on, hence the difference.

I'm thinking of getting another one of those PAR38s, removing the cw and daylight bulbs and modifying the PAR38s from aquariatech to add a 430nm violet in the future. I just need to figure out how not to screw it up first. :D
albert_abadicio
reefphilippines member

Postby sc0lex » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:46 am

I see, so the PAR38's really that blue huh. Let us know how the mod goes (if it happens). Curious if the bulb is active-cooled (has a fan inside) like this one: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/348964-par38-dissection/. If yes, then it's nice.
sc0lex
reefphilippines member

Postby albert_abadicio » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:41 pm

I could not get a good picture of it without opening the whole thing, but I did see a fan turn on looking from the small holes off the light's casing everytime i turn it on. Honestly its the first time I knew about the fan so thanks for that info too. :D
albert_abadicio
reefphilippines member

Postby albert_abadicio » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:53 pm

Proud dad of a new plate:

Before the plate detached:

A new baby plate growing from the branch:

The newly detached plate:
albert_abadicio
reefphilippines member

Previous

Return to Member Tanks