[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - My 20 Gallon Reef

My 20 Gallon Reef

Post the details of your tank for everyone to see.

My 20 Gallon Reef

Postby albert_abadicio » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi All,

Here's my simple reef in our room. No fish yet but I'm planning to keep a pair of clowns. Its been running since November 2013.

Filtration: Live rock, HOB filter with Rowaphos/Activated Carbon, No sand
Maintenance: Weekly 10% Water Change
Lighting: 2 PAR38 CFLs, saving up for an LED upgrade soon.
Cooling: Room Air-conditioning. (Keeps temperature between 23.8 - 26.2 C)
Future upgrades: A DIY Auto Top off once I get my weekly water evaporation rate.
albert_abadicio
reefphilippines member

Re: My 20 Gallon Reef

Postby albert_abadicio » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:16 pm

The inhabitants:

Xenia:

GSP (Starting to open up):

Zoas:

Litophyton:

Actinos:

Ricordea yuma?:

Toadstool still adjusting I guess?:
albert_abadicio
reefphilippines member

Postby seth » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:25 pm

Looks good, Albert. :)

BTW, are those black thingies undergravel filter base?
Cheers,
Marty

seth
reefphilippines member

Postby albert_abadicio » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Thanks Marty! Yup it was supposed to distribute the weight of the rocks. I thought I was going to put a lot. Its easy to siphon too. I'm planning to fill the bottom with yumas and actinos or acans.
albert_abadicio
reefphilippines member

Postby seth » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:55 pm

Cheers,
Marty

seth
reefphilippines member

Postby albert_abadicio » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:04 pm

Speaking of which, I forgot to upload my acan's pic:

Thanks Marty! I agree. Detritus will indeed build up underneath the pads. I do have some turbo snails that occasionally walk around the pads but I don't think they eat the detritus. Red legged hermit crab maybe?
albert_abadicio
reefphilippines member

Postby seth » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:20 pm

One nassarius snail and a couple mini brittle stars would fit the bill. :) Nice! I think that's a micromussa though.
Cheers,
Marty

seth
reefphilippines member

Postby albert_abadicio » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:10 pm

I stand corrected. Thanks! Its going to take a while before I get familiar with the names. :lol:
albert_abadicio
reefphilippines member

Postby albert_abadicio » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi guys! I've been seeing this white dusty film on my water column ever since I started stocking. Is this something I should worry about?

albert_abadicio
reefphilippines member

Postby albert_abadicio » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:09 am

I temporarily placed some filter floss in the canister filter to help remove some of the white film. The water column have started clearing up since.

Update on the LS:

The GSP and xenia are now fully acclimatized and the GSP is starting to colonize the adjacent rocks. (Pic also shows my current diatom situation. Will cut down on the coral feeding and see what happens)

albert_abadicio
reefphilippines member

Postby albert_abadicio » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:12 am

The lithophyton tree is starting to grow some new branches. Also added a branching hammer.

albert_abadicio
reefphilippines member

Postby albert_abadicio » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:14 am

...and some blue actinos
albert_abadicio
reefphilippines member

Postby albert_abadicio » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:16 am

Also added a pair of clowns
albert_abadicio
reefphilippines member

Postby albert_abadicio » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:20 am

The micromussa is also starting to accept fish pellets. I'll try to photograph this next week. (Will focus on the upcoming fishing trip first. :lol: )
albert_abadicio
reefphilippines member

Postby albert_abadicio » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:21 pm

Update 1-12-2014

Rearranged the rocks to allow the hammer and torch some room.

by , on Flickr
albert_abadicio
reefphilippines member

Next

Return to Member Tanks