[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - My 70 Gallon DT Rimless Cube Build

My 70 Gallon DT Rimless Cube Build

Post the details of your tank for everyone to see.

My 70 Gallon DT Rimless Cube Build

Postby fbryank » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:52 pm

Hello!

I'm currently planning and gathering equipments for my new tank which is coming in about a week or 2 thanks to Marine Hub and their excellent staff and management (Naks)! It actually feels good to plan out everything slowly so I wont make the same impulsive mistakes I did with my first tank. :)

Dimensions:
30X30X18
with a 40-50 gallon sump.

Here is a list of equipments I have:
-Reef Octopus DNW150 (courtesy of Lawrence). I'm still thinking about changing this to a Beckett Skimmer
-MP40W
-100 pounds of LR from Carti (Drying them as of the moment)
-500ml of N/P Bio pellets (courtesy of Marine Hub)
-2 part dosing chemicals (courtesy of Naivete)

Stuff I need:
-Ballast for MH
-Bulb
-Electronic Timers for my lights
-ATO
-2 or 3 reactors (for BP, GAC, Rowaphos)
-Test kits (API ammonia, nitrite, calcium, magnesium, dkh) I currently have Phosphate Test Kits from seachem, API Nitrate test kit, and Red Sea test kits for PH, ALK.

For lighting, I think we're using a lumenarc for a 250W MH bulb. I still havent decided on the color temp or whether I should have a hood to house at least 2 actinic bulbs for supplementation.

I'm planning to do a 6 - 8 week cycle by using MB7, Bacter Boost by Marc Weiss, and shrimp plus LR from my current tank to speed up the process.

Clean up crew:
-Turbo Snails
-Nassarius Snails
-Hermit Crabs (for after the algae bloom)

Fish list:
-Powder Blue Tang or Purple Tang
-HYT
-Sunburst Anthias (I'm gonna need Shandy's Marine+ food)
-Other Anthiases
-Banggai Cardinals
-True Percs or Onyx Percs (pag okay yung bonus this Christmas)

Coral wish list:
-SPS
-Zoas
-Acans
-Prob a suncoral
-Actinos/Mushrooms
-Sea fan? (Always wanted one of these)

I'll be posting pictures soon. Feel free to comment on my planned set-up. I'll soak in all your suggestions! :)

Thanks to Shandy, Justin, Jourdy (I'm thanking you in advance for the my future LS hahaha! :)) and Randell for the excellent service. ;)
Last edited by fbryank on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My 70 gallon SPS box:
fbryank
reefphilippines member

Re: My 101 Gallon DT Rimless Cube Build

Postby christian » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:21 pm

nice start again bro...

you got a great list of equipments and fish list...

bro if your going to upgrade your skimmer, i'll recommend to use needlewheel base skimmer like the cone skimmer of octopus. it will be easier to maintain and will maximize your per wattage than using becket. hth
desperately trying to find new ways to ease reefkeeping... :)

75 gallons reef tank:
viewtopic.php?t=1761

180 gallons reef tank of my parents:
viewtopic.php?t=6211

275 gallons reef tank:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9506
christian
reefphilippines supporter

Postby fbryank » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:13 am

My 70 gallon SPS box:
fbryank
reefphilippines member

Postby fbryank » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:07 am

I recently bought Marine Epoxy (Cord) from the DIY Shop for my aquascaping. Is this safe to use? Will it leach any chemicals? How long does this last submerged under water?

I also bought Pioneer Aquaclay for corals.

I hope these products are reef safe.
My 70 gallon SPS box:
fbryank
reefphilippines member

Postby ryanuy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:05 am

beckette is a really nice skimmer! i use one myself from MH and i have never had a problem with it so i highly recommend it! problem lang is that you need a strong dedicated pump to power it(for my model, at least an HF20 from rio)! the bubbles are incredibly plenty which is a good thing and im actually thinking of ordering a bigger one for my tank.

in my other tank i use the DNW 150 and its a bit more complicated to use. i dont know why but if the power gets cut, the air that goes into the skimmer stops so you have to blow on the air intake to get it running again. quite hassle in that aspect but its an okay skimmer in terms of performance.

for your LS you should go to grahf11 as well! i got lots of great stuff from him(sorry for the shameless plugging haha)

oh yeah, the clay your using, i think its fine so long as you mix is properly.
ryanuy
reefphilippines member

Postby Sea Turtle » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:11 am

Last edited by Sea Turtle on Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Postby fbryank » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:11 pm

@Ryanuy: Thanks fr the comment. I really want to overskim on this one just in case something dies. Wow i didnt know about the pump for beckett skimmers. Suki na ako ni grahf11 actually! hahaha my acans, xenia, blastos and fish came from him.

@Sea turtle: Thanks man! Once my rocks dry up, I'll go ahead with my aquascape.
My 70 gallon SPS box:
fbryank
reefphilippines member

Postby naivete » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:07 pm

bro, pics naman dyan
naivete
reefphilippines member

Postby christian » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:40 pm

75 gallons reef tank:
viewtopic.php?t=1761

viewtopic.php?t=6211

275 gallons reef tank:
christian

Postby christian » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:42 pm

75 gallons reef tank:
viewtopic.php?t=1761

viewtopic.php?t=6211

275 gallons reef tank:
christian

Postby fbryank » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:29 am

@Christian/Naivete: I've been really busy with work and my petshop but I'll defintely post pictures as soon as my tank is delivered. I heard from Randel that they're cutting the glass pa (1/2 inch thick daw).

I'm excited to see the sump design. Any recos on what to put in the sump besides the skimmer? I know that macroalgae is out of the question since I'll be using BP with a reactor. Mangroves perhaps?
My 70 gallon SPS box:
fbryank
reefphilippines member

Postby shandy_say » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:25 am

Nice! A reservoir in your sump is a great addition especially if you have space. Mangroves to be honest don't really do much in terms of nutrient export. Cheato is still the way to go.
You want to display your LIVESTOCKS and not your LIVE ROCKS!
shandy_say
reefphilippines member

Postby fbryank » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:30 pm

Thanks Shandy! Im really considering the ATO since I'll be out of the country for almost a month this December. I'll just the help to fill it out everyday when Im gone.
My 70 gallon SPS box:
fbryank
reefphilippines member

Postby shandy_say » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:54 pm

Yep! Less hassle and less worries. :D
You want to display your LIVESTOCKS and not your LIVE ROCKS!
shandy_say
reefphilippines member

Re: My 70 Gallon DT Rimless Cube Build

Postby fbryank » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:37 pm

Had to resize to a smaller tank now at 30x30. Sana hindi ako mabitin in the future... :|
My 70 gallon SPS box:
fbryank
reefphilippines member

Next

Return to Member Tanks