[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - 12 Gallon Tank

12 Gallon Tank

A forum for people interested in keeping nano tanks

Re: 12 Gallon Tank

Postby sc0lex » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:40 pm

sc0lex
reefphilippines member

Postby Red_D » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:15 pm

Using the same filter, noisy lng yan sa simula
Total Newbie
15g tank, Eheim HOB filter, Aqua Syncro HWM2000 wave maker, China made LED lights
Red_D
reefphilippines member

Postby sc0lex » Sun May 10, 2015 5:31 pm

These guys are SLOWLY coloring up more. But they've grown a bit and are starting to spread.

Side view:

Latest FTS:
sc0lex
reefphilippines member

Postby sc0lex » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:29 pm

Lite updates:

Still coloring up

My pretend-birdsnest grew

Wow, legs.
sc0lex
reefphilippines member

Postby ongtoy » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:51 am

bro, how high above the aquarium did you put lights?

i have a fowlr tank and slowly transitioning to a reef tank.
i have a canopy with the following light setup...

-------- t5no blue (from ace) -------
-----------------------------------------
---5w----5w----5w----5w----5w-----

the 5w are cooldaylight led ge bulbs...

not sure if the above setup is good for corals but was planning to replace 3 5w to the same led bulbs you have..

btw, beautiful tank and are you from cebu? :)
ongtoy's 50G Tank
ongtoy
reefphilippines member

Postby sc0lex » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:37 am

@ongtoy:
bro, how high above the aquarium did you put lights?

Right now I have the lights around 10 inches above the water line.

---5w----5w----5w----5w----5w-----

the 5w are cooldaylight led ge bulbs...

not sure if the above setup is good for corals but was planning to replace 3 5w to the same led bulbs you have..

I am not sure if the blue t5s from Ace are the correct spectrum, but I guess these lights should be enough for softies. Don't know what you're planning to have and I'm assuming you have a nano tank that isn't so deep and have reflectors on the t5 tubes. I doubt these lights will bring out good color though, you'll need more blue.

btw, beautiful tank and are you from cebu? :)

Thanks! :) And yup, from Cebu.

Also, you might be interested in this: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/289226-t ... 5g-in-wall
I was going to go this route but I guess I was just too weird for the led shops I inquired. I was asking them if they had 450nm blues and what kind of optics they have. Didn't get a reply...

(edit...wrong link)
http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/267432-g ... ay-lights/
sc0lex
reefphilippines member

Postby ongtoy » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:55 am

Hehehe. Good to know naa pd taga cebu hilig ug reef tank...

I have a 50gal tank... 36x18x18... I saw that link before but was confused by this...

so a 36x18 foot print should have two rows of 17 bulbs.

Does he/she mean 17 led bulbs or 17 of those 3x1w spotlight?
If that is the case parang too many... Hehehe

One in RP is i think only using 8-10 leds

http://www.reefphilippines.com/forums/v ... 21&t=16592
ongtoy's 50G Tank
ongtoy
reefphilippines member

Postby sc0lex » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:46 pm

sc0lex
reefphilippines member

Postby ongtoy » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:21 pm

thank you very much for the insights bro... Will look into this more... Maybe i can switch out those t5s to t5hos and the 5w led bulbs to something similar to your led bulbs... Hehehe... Hopefully i get lucky sa lotto

Daghang salamat again. Cheers
ongtoy's 50G Tank
ongtoy
reefphilippines member

Postby sc0lex » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:43 pm

sc0lex
reefphilippines member

Postby farahgondal » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:41 pm

farahgondal
reefphilippines member

Postby sc0lex » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:03 pm

Current FTS

Zoas are coloring up but progress is very slow. Might try dosing aquavitro fuel to try and get them to color up more.

by

This is for someone interested in how I hung my lights.

sc0lex
reefphilippines member

Postby sc0lex » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:38 pm

sc0lex
reefphilippines member

Postby sc0lex » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:31 pm

Many updates for the past few weeks. First, I thought that my fluffy toadstool was getting too big for my small tank so I gave it to a fellow local reefer. Next, my first attempt at incorporating macroalgae wasn't very successful. I found out there was a stone crab hiding in one of my rocks that made short work of any macroalgae I put in. That, plus my scarlet hermit likes macroalgae too. :( However, I managed to collect some very exotic LS with the help of another fellow local reefer.

First is this Green toadstool. When closed, it has a green cap similar to a rare green japanese toadstool. I'm not sure if this is the same because it's not rare where I collected it and it's not found in deep water, but in shallow seagrass beds.

Next are these micro zoas. They are 1/4 the size of my normal zoas and they are found in "hardened silt" subtrate which was quite a challenge to work with when mounting. They are really small and you really need a good eye to spot them in their natural environment, which my fellow reefer friend had.

Then there's these nice purple leptastrea with purple skirts and blue green eyes.

Lastly, here's a FTS:

My reefer friend also gave me a briareum frag (above the green toadstool) It looks like GSP but is light green with stiffer tentacles. I rescaped the tank and got rid of the stone crab while mounting the LS and currently have a diatom bloom from all of the sandbed disturbance. I've placed some Phosguard in my HOB which should help a bit with silicates but these diatoms should eventually go away. Nitrates are at 5ppm and Phosphates are at 0 before I added the Phosguard. Hope these new guys thrive in my system.
sc0lex
reefphilippines member

Postby grimsofts » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:39 am

update?
grimsofts
reefphilippines member

PreviousNext

Return to Nano Tanks