Cabinet suggestion for Tank.

A forum for people interested in keeping large reef tanks. This forum is dedicated to water volumes of 150 gallons and larger.

Cabinet suggestion for Tank.

Postby migs267 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:22 pm

I am in a process of considering a 225Gallon Tank, but I need suggestions in terms of "safety", a wooden cabinet OR a concrete? personally, I like the wooden cabinet, but, this is 225Gallon, baka masyadong mabigat at bumigay?
migs267
reefphilippines member

Re: Cabinet suggestion for Tank.

Postby khuran » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:39 pm

migs267 wrote:I am in a process of considering a 225Gallon Tank, but I need suggestions in terms of "safety", a wooden cabinet OR a concrete? personally, I like the wooden cabinet, but, this is 225Gallon, baka masyadong mabigat at bumigay?

Wooden if constructed properly with the right wood thickness and necessary bracings hinde bibigay UNLESS matamaan ng bukbok (wood boring insects) or termites :P

Personally if feasible ang concrete, I'd go concrete. Problem is, once it's made it cannot be moved! :P

Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.
From Harbinger of DOOM, to PraiseMaster in a snap!
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/
khuran
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:55 pm

pwde i move!:D all you need is around almost a dozen men..:D
obet_carlos
reefphilippines supporter

Re: Cabinet suggestion for Tank.

Postby migs267 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:04 pm

khuran wrote:
migs267 wrote:I am in a process of considering a 225Gallon Tank, but I need suggestions in terms of "safety", a wooden cabinet OR a concrete? personally, I like the wooden cabinet, but, this is 225Gallon, baka masyadong mabigat at bumigay?

Wooden if constructed properly with the right wood thickness and necessary bracings hinde bibigay UNLESS matamaan ng bukbok (wood boring insects) or termites :P

Thanks, next step would be, look for a qualified carpenter, I have seen a guy making cabinets at the back of Cartimar, might visit one of these days, yes you're right, thickness and necessary bracings.

Personally if feasible ang concrete, I'd go concrete. Problem is, once it's made it cannot be moved! :P

Reasons why I decided to get another tank is for me to enjoy some fish, and fish only, so far, I have 75Gallon for corals and clown fish, 2 tang, pipe. 1 clam.

Thanks Bro.
Last edited by migs267 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
migs267
reefphilippines member

Postby migs267 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:07 pm

obet_carlos wrote:pwde i move!:D all you need is around almost a dozen men..:D

HAHA, yes worry ko nga paano ko isasakay sa jeep ang 225gallon tank and 75gallon sump kung kukunin/bibilhin ko sya? gusto pa yata mag dala ako nang tao ko para isakay sa jeep/pick up, heard it needs at least 6 people to do lifting.
migs267
reefphilippines member

Postby naivete » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:47 pm

baka bumigay yung jeep bro. padala and paconstruct mo nalang yung tank mo sa house mo.
naivete
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:46 am

what i did was i bought a 6x7 ft glass panel tapos pinaputol ko ng lang dun sa glass and aluminum shop.. according to my measurements.. then they delivered it here sa bahay then i asked someone from carti to build it for me.. my 125g took 4 people to lift.. sobrang hirap na hirap kami.. hehe!
obet_carlos
reefphilippines supporter

Postby khuran » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:37 am

obet_carlos wrote:what i did was i bought a 6x7 ft glass panel tapos pinaputol ko ng lang dun sa glass and aluminum shop.. according to my measurements.. then they delivered it here sa bahay then i asked someone from carti to build it for me.. my 125g took 4 people to lift.. sobrang hirap na hirap kami.. hehe!

Yeah my 125g took 5 people as well. hirap na hirap talaga. What more a 225g which is more :)

Go concrete, I think you wont be moving your tank (225g) anytime soon.

Do a lot of planning and visualization of the location first, will save you a lot of trouble and headache.

Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.
From Harbinger of DOOM, to PraiseMaster in a snap!
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/
khuran
reefphilippines member

Return to Large Reef Tanks