. . . mods padelete . . .

A forum for people interested in keeping large reef tanks. This forum is dedicated to water volumes of 150 gallons and larger.

Postby nhard » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Last edited by nhard on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great minds will always encounter violent reactions from people with mediocre brains...
nhard
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:48 pm

kami'y dukha lamang..:D
obet_carlos
reefphilippines supporter

Postby nhard » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:59 pm

waaah! sir obet.. parepareho lng po tayo kanin ang kinakain. hehehe.. so are you trying to tell me financial lng ang tanging reason ng pagiging more popular ng nano-systems compared sa big reef tanks?
Last edited by nhard on Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great minds will always encounter violent reactions from people with mediocre brains...
nhard
reefphilippines member

Postby makigarcia » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:56 pm

obet_carlos wrote:kami'y dukha lamang..:D

+100 ^_^
makigarcia
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:13 pm

to answer your question, if you would give me 200k to set-up a 1 kilo gallon tank, why not?? :D:D:D
obet_carlos

Postby nhard » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:23 pm

@ sir obet

natumbok mo po. but to be honest im still 30,000 shy of that digit. i was only planning on spending 170grand sa 700 gallon + 280 gallon sump refuge.. now thinking about it mukang kulang tlga ung pepe ko.. :(
nhard
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:35 pm

may breakdown ka na ba ng predicted expenses mo? anong itsura nung cement stand mo? at canopy? the price would vary a lot depending on the finish..:D
obet_carlos

Postby nhard » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:51 pm

actually i just found out i wont be able to do this size tank after all.. =(( heartbreakin.. i was really trying to go for the biggest tank possible on the space that i have. mang ramon just sent me a message. :( he said just the glass tank would cost me around 250thousand. :( i guess i miscalculated that part.. lol i just alotted 50thou for the glass tank. hehehe it is actually a 230thou project. 170 for the equips and 50thou for the tank. now i think i have to rethink everything again. :( hmmm with regards to your Q on the cabinet it's basically a 3 sided cement stand that would have one side completely open for me to work on my fuge and sump the finish of the cabinet is not included in the budget anymore. hehehe my mom is going to pay for the wood works to be done afterwards. planning on using hand carved narra or kamagong to be wrapped around the top portion of the tank and the whole cabinet itself. on the expenses po sir the major expenses in which i still have no idea whatsoever how much it would come up to be would be the ff:

glass tank
return pump
wavemaker
MHs & T5s
chiller
generator
lots and lots and lots of LR,LS for DSB, Macroalgae

yan lng po naiisip ko as of now na major equipments. kasi po this tank would be ecosystem method kaya mostly macroalgae will do the filtration. now im just thinking of setting up a small tank. :( nashock ako that the glass tank alone would cost 250thou. maybe ill just settle with e 300-400gallon reef tank po sir.. di tlga kakayanin ng budget na 230k if glass palng is 250k na.. :(
nhard
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:59 pm

gaano kakapal ba yung glass na plan mo? ive seen 10 foot tanks with 1/2" glass..
obet_carlos

Postby nhard » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:02 pm

1/2 inch lng po sir :(
nhard
reefphilippines member

Postby entot78 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:21 pm

WOW :shock: 250k for the tank pa lang..nakakaiyak naman po yung figure na yan..hehe..sana may mahanap ka pang ibang supplier/builder ng tank sir para ma push through yung monster tank nyo..na eexcite na din akong makita yung future tank nyo sir e..hehehe :lol:
entot78
reefphilippines member

Postby Devicore16 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:16 pm

larger tank means mas magastos..Equipments, Additives, saltmix, and many more! SWEAR. planning to downgrade na nga eh. di na kaya gastos! hehe!
i love Salt!
Devicore16
reefphilippines member

Postby Flexi2009 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:34 pm

er...perhaps kasi if you have a big high profile reef tank..baka mahuli ka ng DENR...its not legal to own corals...cloudy :shock:
Flexi2009
reefphilippines member

Postby nhard » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:41 pm

with all due respect po sir flexi, advice was kindly noted, but i honestly feel that the DENR aspect of the hobby has the least effect for my decision making right now.

I was just not expecting this size tank to be that expensive. i've already made inquiries for the tank to be made in taiwan or singapore. Just called my wife from philippines after i was informed that i would have to pay 250k for the display tank and the sump tank alone. with no plumbing, no equipments, no lighting and of course no livestocks whatsoever. it was a big hit and i was in awe for about 2 hours. i was just staring at my siamese fighting fish bowl that is sitting in my office desk for 2 hours straight. Then i decided to call my wife and told her that "i'm going thru with this tank and i dont give a rat's * if i have to make the whole thing done outside and ship it in" my ever supportive wife started cursing me... lol... and then eventually mellowed down and said she'll be calling our broker to see if there would be any problems getting the liverocks from fiji at the same time putting in the same container the 10foot long tank. im very excited about this tank as it would be my last one i hope. im making this tank as a statement din kasi to my british friend who challenged me the a skimerless tank cant go to as big as a 1000 gallons. applying the ecosystem method on this planned tank i dont really think i would be spending that much on the equipments that's why i decided to go thru with the same sized tank but probably a bit wider and lower compared to the first plan to upset the amount of lights that would have to be installed. the auto float system also would be functioning too much which i dont want since the tank would be evaporating more than 3 gallons per day. anyway ill keep you guys posted just incase there's any breaking news. please feel free to drop your comments and suggestions.. thank you so much!
nhard
reefphilippines member

Postby khuran » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:22 pm

How are you going to waterchange 10-20% of 700 galons? Thats going to be the first challenge :)

Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.
From Harbinger of DOOM, to PraiseMaster in a snap!
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/
khuran
reefphilippines member

Next

Return to Large Reef Tanks