fuge set-up

Offer your help, ask questions, share ideas, & just have fun!

fuge set-up

Postby reefaddict » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:54 pm

Help naman newbie lang ako. Comments naman paki sabi lang mali and kulag sa gusto kong set-up. I want this to be a display planted tank.

reefaddict
reefphilippines member

Postby chonglai » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:00 pm

yan na ba yung setup mo o sa friend mo yan? ganda nung cabinet style na aqua ah.
chonglai

Postby reefaddict » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:40 pm

chonglai wrote:yan na ba yung setup mo o sa friend mo yan? ganda nung cabinet style na aqua ah.

Sakin yun may dalawang clown fish and yung drawing na set-up. Kay worm yata yung sinasabi mo. Comment nman sa drawing ko tama po ba yung set-up kung may kulang or mali pakisabi naman. thnx
reefaddict
reefphilippines member

Postby Fugu » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:02 pm

I am a little worried about the overflow from the main tank going into the refugium. I am not sure how you will control the flow going into the refugium? If your refugium pump breaks or if it is not able to keep up with your overflow, you might get a flood?

I would have the refugium drilled and a bulkhead installed. You can then set the refugium a little higher than the main tank, this refugium overflow goes back into the tank. I am guessing that you will have a sump? Your return pump from the sump can be split into two returns pipes, one going into the main tank and the other to the refugium.

This will then become something called an inline refugium and will help feed your corals.
Fugu

Postby Alfalfameister » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:13 pm

As Fugu said, I would prefer to have the 'fuge higher than the main tank (also so critters can make it from 'fuge to tank without having to pass through a pump).
Alfalfameister
reefphilippines member

Return to General Discussion