[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Possible "Pico" section (suggestion) and some questions

Possible "Pico" section (suggestion) and some questions

Offer your help, ask questions, share ideas, & just have fun!

Possible "Pico" section (suggestion) and some questions

Postby Shroomsonroids » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:08 am

Hello Reefers! Happy new year!

I started reefing around 2010 thanks to the awesome cartimar sales talkers and ended up with a 15gal mixed reef, several crashes till i gave up mid 2011, thanks to no knowledge and no proper research. A while later i had to go back to Dubai around 2013 and got into reefing again, but this time, i fell in love with the aspect of pico reefs.

I did what i could with an iq5 and also had some hard crashes despite constant testing and careful stocking of the tank. This i learned was because the dymax iq5 stock design and fixtures limited most if not all possible mods for improvement, but then again, it was all still me. I did have to stick a tiny powerhead inside for adequate flow and mod a HOB filter into a macroalgae fuge. I changed the stock dymax airstone skimmer to my older resun skimmer from my previous 15gal setup which actually caused the tank to crash once :(. All in all, it was/is a fun and difficult little experiment, but the challenge of having a successful and matured pico reef (hopefully mixed reef) is still strong and im starting again!

Il be posting my current dsb pico 20x20x20cm cube with 2 HOB filters (chaeto, grape caulerpa, crushed coral and carbon) and Not the best Nano blue+white LED from cartimar.
As of now, im looking for a good full spectrum LED na kaxa sa tank ko.

Are there any successful pico reefers here? or pico reefers in general? If so, id love to hear your experiences and share ideas

Asan na kayo mga pico reefers!

May the parameters be with you.
Shroomsonroids
reefphilippines member

Re: Possible "Pico" section (suggestion) and some questions

Postby SantaMonica » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:43 am

I'm sure there are many great nano's here. They are the most numerous type :)
SantaMonica
reefphilippines member

Return to General Discussion